Website v2 Ventures
About v2 Ventures
v2 ventures specializes in partnering with remarkable founders with fresh perspectives and unparalleled passion, from first concept through all stages of growth. We work hand in hand with exceptional founders to create driven teams that develop new solutions that will mature into powerful, profitable growth businesses.
v2 ventures is seeking a part-time Corporate Paralegal (20 hours per week), directly reporting to the General Counsel. This role will be a hybrid remote/office role in Kansas City, Missouri.
Why work with us?
- Working at v2 Ventures means working with the latest technologies and utilities – our team strives to be on the forefront of business devices and technologies.
- Innovation is key; you will work alongside a talented team that have a passion for solving problems.
What will you do?
- Draft legal documents including stock option agreements, corporate resolutions, and secretary certificates.
- Coordinate with registered agent on corporate filings such as formation and qualification of legal entities.
- Maintain minute books and corporate records.
Assist General Counsel with contract review, drafting, and amendments.
- Administer and manage privacy and compliance matters.
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions activity as needed, such a due diligence.
- Coordinate with General Counsel, HR, and Finance team to complete assigned projects.
- Conduct legal research and analysis as needed.
- Assist with the gathering, organizing, and indexing of various documents for corporate initiatives.
- Assist with intellectual property matters as needed.
- Assist with insurance applications and renewals.
- Assist with stock and cap table management.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to research and make recommendations.
- Ability to think critically and recommend new operational processes / make adjustments in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with corporate records, including legal and financial documents.
- Experience in identifying and analyzing legal issues.Proficient with
- Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Corporate in-house with 4+ years’ experience.
- Willingness to jump in and help out however needed – can wear multiple hats on a small team.
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate required.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Get the word out!
To apply for this job please visit v2ventures.bamboohr.com.