Website v2 ventures
About v2 Ventures
v2 ventures specializes in partnering with remarkable founders with fresh perspectives and unparalleled passion, from first concept through all stages of growth. We work hand in hand with exceptional founders to create driven teams that develop new solutions that will mature into powerful, profitable growth businesses.
v2 ventures is seeking a Junior Accountant, directly reporting to the Accounting Manager. This is a hybrid remote/office role in Kansas City, MO.
Why work with us?
• Working at v2 Ventures means working with the latest technologies and utilities – we strive to be on the forefront of business.
• Be a key contributor for end-to-end accounting and treasury processes in a fast-paced entrepreneurial/startup environment.
• Innovation is key; you will work alongside a talented team that has a passion for solving problems.
• Be part of a high-performance team at an innovative and industry leading company.
What will you do?
The Junior Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax accounts, and other related financial activities.
1. Month-End Close: Hands-on involvement in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes – including customer invoicing, general ledger maintenance, journal entries, accounts payable, subledger administration, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
2. Treasury and Accounts Payable: Reconcile bank accounts and set up payments. Assist with employee expense reporting, cash management, and bank reporting. Support customer collections as needed.
3. Financial Reporting: Prepare monthly balance sheets, income statements, and other financial reports for management and investors.
4. Audit and Tax Compliance: Assist with preparation of schedules for auditors and/or tax professionals, file certain tax and other compliance forms, respond to inquiries.
5. Internal Controls: Play a supporting role in implementing and maintaining financial and accounting controls, policies, and procedures for the Company. Identify potential gaps and make recommendations to management. Support maintenance for financial systems.
6. Process Improvement: Assist in identifying and implementing improvements to accounting and financial processes to increase efficiency and accuracy.
7. Collaboration: Communicate and coordinate cross-functionally both within the v2 Ventures shared services group and with v2 Ventures portfolio companies to drive results and accomplish team goals.
8. Other: Other duties as assigned, such as special projects or ad hoc reporting requests.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
• 1 year of related experience preferred.
• Solid understanding of financial concepts and accounting principles.
• General ledger experience a plus (especially Microsoft Dynamics Business Central).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office – with particular emphasis on Excel functions including pivot tables.
• Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and produce accurate work.
• Good problem solving and time-management skills.
• Self-starter and fast learning – able to quickly master new concepts and skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral).
• Enthusiastic about the accounting profession; willingness and ability to put in additional effort during certain periods to meet deadlines (month-end/quarter-end/year-end).
• Undertakes self-development activities to maintain and improve individual skills and abilities.
• Able to think clearly, analyze quantitatively and qualitatively, and problem-solve to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, and technology-driven culture.
What will you get?
• Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and other supplemental insurance, 401k plan with employer match, flexible vacation policy
• Social: we routinely have social events, both in and out of the office
• Team: Opportunity to grow and excel with a high-performance team of passionate, enthusiastic professionals
To apply for this job please visit v2ventures.bamboohr.com.