Website Raven Space Systems
On-demand cargo return from space.
Raven Space Systems is a promising new tech startup in Kansas City founded by two young engineers with a revolutionary approach to composite 3D printing. Raven’s mission is to develop the first fully 3D printed reentry capsules for on-demand return of cargo from space. The startup has been awarded multiple Phase I & II SBIR/STTR contracts with NASA and the Air Force to develop its innovative technology for 3D printing aerospace structures and thermal protection systems. Raven is developing a cutting-edge extrusion-based thermoset composite 3D printing system. The team is now looking for an enthusiastic engineer motivated to develop the technology and help grow the company from its current stage into the next great space tech startup.
As an R&D Engineer, you will be a key member of our team. The primary objective of this position is to test new material formulations on experimental 3D printers and improve the processing parameters to achieve the best results. You will be instrumental in the development of Raven’s 3D printing technology, advancing it through rapid and iterative experimentation. We are looking for an engineer with relevant and diverse skills to help us develop the 3D printed spacecraft of the future.
Raven is constantly exploring new ideas to push the company forward. As the company grows, you will have the opportunity to take on more responsibilities and grow with us. We value creative and motivated problem solvers to help us progress from a promising early-stage startup to a large space company positively impacting the world. Join us on the ground floor of our company and go on this exciting journey with us!
- Test 3D printer prototypes with various composite materials to optimize the processing parameters and achieve high-quality prints
- Mix materials, print samples, and post-process as necessary for characterization
- Identify areas of improvement needed for the 3D printer hardware and software
- Help develop 3D printed reentry capsules for returning cargo from space
- Collaborate and communicate with teammates and external partners
- Assist in day-to-day startup operation tasks
- B.S. in mechanical/chemical/electrical engineering or other relevant degree
- Basic knowledge of 3D printing, composite materials, or electronics/space systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to learn efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to rapid changes
- Good people skills, teamwork, and communication skills
- Strong desire to work at a startup
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering or other relevant field
- 2+ years of experience (including relevant graduate school experience)
- Experience with any of the following:
- Direct ink write 3D printing, bioprinting, or other 3D printing method
- Electronics, circuits, control systems, or programming
- Thermoset polymers, nanomaterials, or composite materials
- 3D CAD (Inventor, Solidworks, Fusion 360, etc.)
- Previous small business or startup
To apply to this position, send your resume/CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the position you are applying for in the email header. Thank you!
Raven Space Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com