Website https://twitter.com/payitgov PayIt LLC
Smarter for government. Easier for everyone
PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to modernize how residents interact and transact with government, improving the customer experience and helping our client agencies become more efficient. Our easy-to-implement platform consolidates hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience and enables our clients to drive resident trust, collect revenue quickly, and redeploy their staff to more important challenges.
This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors:
- GovTech 100 (2017-2023)
- Fast Company Innovation in Design Award (2019)
- LocalSmart Awards (2020)
- Smart 50 Award (2021)
Our culture welcomes people who exhibit what we call “PayIt DNA”: High integrity, drive, grit, high aptitude, and team orientation. We are collaborative and passionate about the work we do to improve the lives of our government clients and the end users they serve. We have ambitious scaling goals, and we look for team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves, solve problems, and find new opportunities to win with our clients. And we have a lot of fun together.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a passionate and energetic Product Designer with an eye for Visual Design to join the Product Experience Design team at PayIt. You’ll be joining a team of world class designers to provide innovative new experiences that have impact and visibility throughout PayIt.
Our mission to provide modern technology solutions to all residents includes a focus on providing equitable and accessible government services. Our software is designed around people and we put the end-users at the center of all that we do.
You will be involved in all aspects of the product development process, from crafting the vision and creative direction, making decisions based on user feedback, and keeping an eye towards the future so our users continue to have the best possible experience with government.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, Client teams, and others to create simple and engaging user experiences that are “Easier for everyone”.
- Create pixel-perfect UI designs with accessibility and responsiveness in mind, and hand off detailed specifications to developers.
- Contribute to and maintain PayIt’s Design System and brand guidelines.
Collaborate with UX Designers and own the visual design delivery of a given feature.
- Incorporate insights from user research into your design decisions
- Represent Product Design for the organization. From day to day work with your team to cross-functional interactions, you are a great communicator and share your enthusiasm and user centered design insight with the organization.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience working in Product Design, as a UX/UI Designer, or within a similar field.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a Design curriculum or gained relevant work experience in the Design field.
- A portfolio that demonstrates the skilled usage of aesthetic design principles: including color theory, typography, hierarchy, white spice, balance, and movement.
- Ability to work seamlessly between user experience design wireframes, visual design comps, and visual design systems.
- A critical eye for detail and ability to create pixel-perfect UI designs.
Experience creating UI comps with detailed specifications on accessibility, as well as responsive designs for Engineers and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with designing for Accessibility using WCAG guidelines.
- Ability to solve complex problems with User Centered Design methods.
- A strong ability to assess Information Architecture and create simple, engaging Interaction Designs.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving and the ability to iterate rapidly. You see the difference between work that is “ready” versus work that is “perfect”.
- A collaborative approach to solving problems that includes leading brainstorms, workshops, and design reviews with Product and Engineering teams.
- An ability to set aside ego and work together to find the best solution for the team and end-user.
- Great communication and organization skills that will help you stay on top of our fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Abstract, and other relevant design tools. Experience with collaboration tools like Slack and FigJam. Knowledgeable in G Suite and Jira.
- A positive attitude and willingness to laugh. We make the most of remote work by finding time to have fun and genuinely enjoy each other’s company.
Why Work For Us:
- Our mission matters. Your work will make life better for our government agency clients and the millions of residents they serve.
- You’ll do some of the best work of your career here. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and you’ll grow a ton working at PayIt
- People are our most important resource. Everyone has a voice. Collaboration is our default setting. And we have fun together.
- We #payitforward with our corporate volunteer program, serving the communities where we work and live.
- Competitive salaries, excellent benefits, flexible working arrangements, and all the resources you will need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
We hire high aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship in the United States at this time. Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship are also encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Stay Up To Date On everything: Follow Us On Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.
To apply for this job please visit payitgov.com.