PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to modernize how residents interact and transact with government, improving the customer experience and helping our client agencies become more efficient. Our easy-to-implement platform consolidates hundreds of services and payments into one connected experience and enables our clients to drive resident trust, collect revenue quickly, and redeploy their staff to more important challenges.
This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors:
GovTech 100 (2017-2022)
Fast Company Innovation in Design Award (2019)
LocalSmart Awards (2020)
Smart 50 Award (2021)
Our culture welcomes people who exhibit what we call “PayIt DNA”: High integrity, drive, grit, high aptitude, and team orientation. We are collaborative and passionate about the work we do to improve the lives of our government clients and the end users they serve. We have ambitious scaling goals, and we look for team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves, solve problems, and find new opportunities to win with our clients. And we have a lot of fun together.
Digital Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Marketing, the digital marketing manager is responsible for supporting the PayIt Demand Generation team with planning, developing, executing, and measuring multi-channel digital marketing campaigns across a variety of digital channels – from top-of-funnel lead acquisition to targeted pipeline stage progression. These campaigns are critical to our success in reaching prospects in county and smaller cities, where a digital-first model provides efficient customer acquisition.
This role requires a candidate who blends a strong analytical orientation with creativity, technical know-how, strong project management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate for this role will be an effective communicator with a collaborative approach.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate across our marketing organization to help execute and measure the effectiveness of integrated demand-generation campaigns targeting municipal, county, and state governments.
- Support campaign audience building by procuring ICP contact lists from various intent databases and contact database tools such as ZoomInfo, GovTech Navigator, etc. Proficiency in list building, data scraping, data scrubbing, and deduping for large data sets is critical in this role.
- Champion our digital marketing strategy to support audience engagement and revenue goals, ensuring an integrated approach across channels.
- Oversee the optimization of email and paid social media channels to drive reach and engagement, ensuring a coordinated approach with other business units, including the membership and retail teams.
- Help develop and resize various digital campaign assets – ad banners, email graphics, social media images, etc. A solid graphic design skill set (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc) will be critical for a candidate to be successful in this role.
- Collaborate in creating copy for landing pages, webinar abstracts, emails, and other projects from time to time.
- Project manages one or more external marketing agencies to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. Strong project management skills are critical.
- Communicate and coordinate with SDRs and sales team to ensure awareness and alignment of campaign strategy with sales motions.
- Maintain and distribute campaign and channel performance reporting. Participate in the data and insights steering committee within the marketing organization to ensure we continue to evolve our approach to data collection, synthesis, and program optimization based on results.
- Help build out and run monthly in-house and 3rd party webinars
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of experience managing digital marketing programs such as email marketing, social media (paid and organic), audience creation from external databases, project managing external marketing agencies, and budget management.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Salesloft, Excel. ZoomInfo or similar is a plus. Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Strong quantitative proficiency, including the ability to work with large datasets, blending and analyzing data from multiple sources to extract performance insights and drive program optimizations.
- Strong test-and-learn orientation, some experience/exposure to A/B testing for conversion optimization.
- Functional knowledge of graphic design tools such as Illustrator, Canva / Creatopy to easily modify digital campaign assets (you do not need to be a graphic designer but should be able to resize banners at scale).
- Growth mindset, highly coachable.
- Experience in GovTech or marketing to public sector buyers is a plus, as is experience with account-based marketing.
- Demonstrated results building positive relationships and collaborating with colleagues, partners, and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to shift roles seamlessly between contributing strategically and leading day-to-day tactical execution; no job too big or too small.
This role is ideally based in Kansas City, Atlanta, or Toronto, but highly-qualified remote candidates will be considered as well. Although the role is hybrid remote, some travel will be required to support both internal and external activities.
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends, and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We offered flexible working arrangements long before a global pandemic forced other companies to adapt.
- We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of a customer-first mindset.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
High aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team. We’re about openness, integrity, accessibility and great communication.
The usability of our products, sharing of ideas across teams, and commitment to the cities, counties, and states we serve are values.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Stay Up To Date On everything: Follow Us On Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.
To apply for this job please visit payitgov.com.