PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company built to improve the ways that state and local government agencies interact and transact with their customers. Our modern solutions make it easy for agencies to become more efficient in their operations and achieve their missions.
PayIt consolidates software and payments into a connected customer experience and enables our clients to drive trust and satisfaction among their customers. PayIt solutions address state/provincial and local use cases, serving tax authorities, courts, motor vehicle departments, and conservation agencies. This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors, including our inclusion in the GovTech 100 every year since 2017.
Our culture welcomes people who exhibit what we call “PayIt DNA”: High Integrity, Drive, Grit, High Aptitude, and Team Orientation. We are collaborative and passionate about the work we do to improve the lives of our government clients and the end users they serve. We have ambitious scaling goals, and we look for team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves, solve problems, and find new opportunities to win with our clients. And we have a lot of fun together.
About this role:
As a Technical Operations Analyst, you will work as a member of the Technical Operations Team. This position will be responsible for both remote and on-site setup, coordination and support of cloud-based POS installations. Hardware primarily includes Android-based tablet devices, label printers, scanners and credit card processing devices, and other POS peripherals. Occasional travel within the US and Canada may be required.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Project Management – Act as primary point of contact for internal teams and external customers to support the setup, configuration, installation, and support for POS systems.
- Systems Administration – Perform installation, hardware, and software troubleshooting as needed during deployment. Perform functional testing to ensure flawless installation of hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of documentation to support troubleshooting and process enhancements.
- Vendor management – manage multiple vendors as well as coordinate on-site and remote resources to resolve issues that arise. Work with vendors to obtain estimates/quotes and to understand lead times for required quantities of hardware.
- Clear and direct communication, coordination, and management of all resources during the project.
- Continuous Improvement – Maintain technical knowledge related to brand-specific hardware, software, and product lines. Create process documentation and share with stakeholders and look at opportunities to improve installations and continuous maintenance.
- Tracking and regular reporting of hardware inventory and status.
- Evaluation of new hardware and software solutions against requirements.
What You’ll Need to Have (Technical skills required):
- Understanding of Point-of-Sale systems with the ability to interface with those product and engineering teams.
- Understanding of Mobile devices (Android) and mobile device management. (SOTI is a plus!)
- Knowledge of how DHCP and IP-based networks are configured
Familiarity with remote administration and support.
- Technical degree or relevant professional experience in the IT industry
2+ years experience in similar roles (POS installations, POS Systems, IT Help Desk).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills with both technical and functional end-user.
- Team player willing to pitch in, as needed.
- Customer service focus is a must as this position will be a point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders.
Annual Salary Range:
Why Work For Us:
- Our mission matters. Your work will make life better for our government agency clients and the millions of residents they serve.
- You’ll do some of the best work of your career here. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and you’ll grow a ton working at PayIt .
- People are our most important resource. Everyone has a voice. Collaboration is our default setting. And we have fun together.
- We #payitforward with our corporate volunteer program, serving the communities where we work and live.
- Competitive salaries, excellent benefits, flexible working arrangements, and all the resources you will need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
We hire high aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship in the United States at this time. Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship are also encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.