PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company built to improve the ways that state and local government agencies interact and transact with their customers. Our modern solutions make it easy for agencies to become more efficient in their operations and achieve their missions.
PayIt consolidates software and payments into a connected customer experience and enables our clients to drive trust and satisfaction among their customers. PayIt solutions address state/provincial and local use cases, serving tax authorities, courts, motor vehicle departments, and conservation agencies. This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors, including our inclusion in the GovTech 100 every year since 2017.
Our culture welcomes people who exhibit what we call “PayIt DNA”: High Integrity, Drive, Grit, High Aptitude, and Team Orientation. We are collaborative and passionate about the work we do to improve the lives of our government clients and the end users they serve. We have ambitious scaling goals, and we look for team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves, solve problems, and find new opportunities to win with our clients. And we have a lot of fun together.
About the Role:
PayIt seeks a meticulous and collaborative Senior Staff Accountant to join our dynamic finance team in Kansas City, Missouri. As a Senior Staff Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in managing and communicating the financial health of our organization to stakeholders. We are looking for an individual with strong analytical skills, a deep understanding of accounting principles, and the ability to work independently. Attention to detail and a proven track record of meeting deadlines are essential for success in this role.
Location: Kansas City, MO (Hybrid)
This is a hybrid role that will require 2-3 days a week at PayIt Headquarters in Downtown Kansas City.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Financial Record Keeping:
- Maintain accurate financial records, covering accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, prepaid, and general ledger.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvements and ensure compliance efforts are met.
- Generate accurate and timely customer invoices.
- Proactively manage accounts receivable aging and address outstanding payments.
- Prepare and maintain account receivable reconciliation and promptly resolve billing inquiries.
- Ensure revenue recognition in compliance with accounting standards.
- Accurately reconcile and record vendor invoices and payments.
- Efficiently process vendor invoices and payments and employee expense reports.
- Cultivate positive vendor relationships while reconciling vendor statements and resolving discrepancies.
- Manage the annual 1099 reporting process.
- Maintain fixed asset records and perform regular account reconciliations.
- Record and track fixed asset transactions, including acquisitions, disposals, and depreciation.
- Assist in accounting for capitalized expenditures and amortizations.
Maintain fixed asset accounting documentation.
- Accurately record prepaid expenses and follow accounting guidelines for amortization.
- Prepare and maintain prepaid accounts reconciliations and make necessary adjustments.
- Ensure accurate presentation of prepaid expenses in financial statements.
- Collaborate in month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Prepare journal entries and support financial statement preparation.
- Maintain necessary balance sheet account reconciliations.
Process improvement and regulatory compliance:
- Actively contribute to process improvements.
- Implement internal controls and ensure adherence to accounting standards.
- Provide documentation and input for policy and procedure updates.
Assist with regulatory matters, tax compliance, and audit processes.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; CPA certification preferred.
- 3-5+ years of accounting experience, with a strong background in financial reporting and analysis.
- Experience in a SaaS or technology company is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems (Experience with NetSuite preferred)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Annual Salary Range:
Why Work For Us:
- Our mission matters. Your work will make life better for our government agency clients and the millions of residents they serve.
- You’ll do some of the best work of your career here. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and you’ll grow a ton working at PayIt.
- People are our most important resource. Everyone has a voice. Collaboration is our default setting. And we have fun together.
- We #payitforward with our corporate volunteer program, serving the communities where we work and live.
- Competitive salaries, excellent benefits, flexible working arrangements, and all the resources you will need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
We hire high aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship in the United States at this time. Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship are also encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.