PayIt is a fast-growing GovTech company on a mission to modernize how residents interact and transact with government, improving the customer experience and helping our client agencies more efficiently and effectively achieve their missions. Our easy-to-implement platform consolidates government services and payments into one connected experience and enables our clients to drive resident trust, collect revenue quickly, and redeploy their staff to more important challenges. This innovative approach to government service delivery has garnered significant recognition in both the public and private sectors, including our inclusion in the GovTech 100 every year since 2017. PayIt solutions cover services including hunting and fishing licensing, DMV, courts, property tax, utilities, tolling, and more.
Our culture welcomes people who exhibit what we call “PayIt DNA”: High integrity, drive, grit, high aptitude, and team orientation. We are collaborative and passionate about the work we do to improve the lives of our government clients and the end users they serve. We have ambitious scaling goals, and we look for team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves, solve problems, and find new opportunities to win with our clients. And we have a lot of fun together.
About the Role:
PayIt is seeking a People Operations Specialist to oversee the execution and continuous improvement of critical people processes. As a People Operations Specialist, you deliver operational excellence by process engineering, streamlining processes, and designing delightful employee experiences. This role will help PayIt achieve its mission by elevating our operational rigor for People/HR and adjacent processes.
This role is based in Kansas City, MO.
We use a hybrid work model and this role will be in the office for ~2-3 days/week.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- People Advocacy: Support our most strategic asset, our People, in delivering against their unique personal and/or organizational goals by answering inquiries from employees through quick and efficient responses.
- HR/People Systems Expertise: Maintain, administer, and enhance our HRIS system(s) and other connected People/Tech systems to ensure that information across the company is accurately reflected, including but not limited to talent, onboards, internal mobility, promotions, offboards, and broader organizational changes.
- Data Driven: Collaborate with business stakeholders to deliver a holistic, interconnected People system that delivers data integrity and excellence throughout the business lifecycle.
- Project management: Support and enhance the lifecycle of various People Operations systems such as Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Offboarding, Performance Management, People Experience, and L&D.
- Process Engineering: Identify opportunities to automate processes that involve human touchpoints and optimize processes that can’t be automated away to make them more efficient and resilient to error.
- Continuous Improvement: Build and design systems to measure people and business metrics, KPIs, and other key organizational data points that improve the employee experience.
What You’ll Need to Have:
- 3-5+ years experience working in a People Operations, HR, HRBP, or L&D role.
- Proven experience scaling HR/People technology systems.
- Experience with payroll modules and payroll processing experience.
- Data-driven business partner with strong experience in implementing, managing, and supporting HRIS systems to help business stakeholders make enhanced decisions.
- Strong understanding of People/HR best practices, local and state employment law, and compliance.
- The ability to deconstruct processes to their core components and identify root causes for gaps or inefficiencies
- Fantastic communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex concepts simply.
- Exceptional problem-solving and project management skills with a passion for building processes that scale.
- Unwavering attention to detail and a commitment to unparalleled excellence in your craft.
- Experience with process improvement and automating manual workflows.
- A passion for building diverse teams and equitable people processes and practices.
- A passion for enhancing the employee experience and supporting organizational growth.
A commitment to upholding the highest standards of confidentiality and integrity.
Bonus Points for:
- Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or a related field.
- HR certification such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SPHR.
- Proficiency with Excel, Python, or SQL.
- Knowledge of state and local tax regulations.
Annual Salary Range:
Why Work For Us:
- Our mission matters. Your work will make life better for our government agency clients and the millions of residents they serve.
- You’ll do some of the best work of your career here. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and you’ll grow a ton working at PayIt.
- People are our most important resource. Everyone has a voice. Collaboration is our default setting. And we have fun together.
- We #payitforward with our corporate volunteer program, serving the communities where we work and live.
- Competitive salaries, excellent benefits, flexible working arrangements, and all the resources you will need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
We hire high aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PayIt is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
PayIt is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to the People Operations Team and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship in the United States at this time. PayIt participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here. Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship are also encouraged to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: PayIt does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers’ alias, PayIt employees or any other company location. PayIt is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Within the parameters of this position, ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and exercise due care of, company, client, and citizen data that is stored, processed, and transmitted by and for PayIt, as outlined in PayIt’s Business Code of Conduct and Information Security Policies.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.