Website Made in KC
Supporting local and cultivating creativity!
Made in KC is much more than a retail shop. We provide a platform for 200+ local artists, designers, and makers to reach customers throughout Kansas City and across the country. We’re a tight knit family that relies on flexibility and enthusiasm in wearing the many hats required by small businesses. The environment is lively and fast-paced as we’re constantly striving to grow our business while providing the best customer service.
The Brand Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining Made in KC’s brand identity and voice across all platforms and contexts. In addition, you will do the same for “Portfolio” brands including Outta the Blue, Front Range, and Ludo’s. They will write sharp, witty copy with the customer in mind for emails, social media, and in-store signage. The Brand Manager will also assist with photo shoots and other creative projects while creating authentic social media video content as part of your role.
- Develop and Maintain Consistent Brand Voice and Identity
- Email:Write, guide, or direct all email copy. Work with our Marketing Director and Creative Director / Graphic Designer to determine the appropriate aim and intent of our email campaigns. Write copy fitting of our goals, based upon best practices and customer feedback. Continually assess our strategy from a comprehensive perspective.
- Social Media: Write, guide, or direct all social media copy. From writing copy to building guidelines and empowering and enlisting other staff members to participate in copy writing for all accounts (@madeinkc_, @MIKCcafe, @FrontRangeCafe, @OuttaTheBlueCafe,
@LudosKC, and potentially @MIKCexplore). Work with the Marketing Director so select and schedule posts, continually assessing our strategy from a comprehensive perspective.
- Other Communication: Think about Made in KC from a holistic perspective, considering how we communicate with our customers and partners via our signage, our packaging, our in-store signage, and our physical build outs. Look to build continuity, precision, and effectiveness into all brand communication.
- Social Media Video Creation
- Regularly create video content for social media (namely Instagram, but also Facebook and TikTok).
- Leverage existing resources within the company and develop a strategy that is authentic, effective, timely, and sustainable. We aim to post moving content multiple times per week in a way that consumes less than 50% of this role.
- Develop a strategy that showcases more personality behind Made in KC (think unboxing new product, behind-the-scenes, showcasing employee educational outings to local distilleries, touring vendors’ studios etc.)
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has 3+ years of creative/marketing experience
- Can develop and maintain consistent and compelling voice and message
- Has insight into various creative methods and skills
- Understands customers and purchasing trends
- Thinks big picture
- Is a sharp, witty writer
- Is a good judge of creativity
- Understands a strong brand and how to manage it
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance through BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas City
- 401k matching plan after one year with team
- Creative, open, and supportive environment
- Opportunity to learn about local brands and businesses
- Discounts at all shops, free coﬀee at our cafes
- Growth opportunities within the company
- $40,000 – $50,000, based on experience with annual raises
- Application Deadline : Friday, February 3, 2023
To apply for this job please visit www.madeinkc.co.apply.