Website KC Source Link
The UMKC Innovation Center is searching for an experienced, goal-oriented, data-driven marketing director to help engage the community in the story, power, opportunity and advancement of entrepreneurship—in Kansas City, across the Missouri and across the nation.
Housed in the University of Missouri-Kansas City, the UMKC Innovation Center works across the university and the community to connect, support, sustain and empower entrepreneurial efforts within our region and across the country. The marketing director develops, leads and manages a team to implement the marketing strategy across the center’s four pillars:
Entrepreneurial Education, which, through the Missouri Small Business Development Center at UMKC, serves aspiring and established entrepreneurs from inception through maturity with a suite of high-caliber, high-impact training and coaching programs.
Regional Ecosystem Development, which, through KCSourceLink and MOSourceLink, connects entrepreneurs to the right resources and develops stronger resources for entrepreneurship.
Technology Venture Studio, which, through programs like Digital Sandbox KC and Whiteboard 2 Boardroom, nurtures, supports, grows and provides project funding for our region’s founds and their early-stage innovations
SourceLink, which provides consulting and tools to help cities, states and regions nationwide build better-connected and more cohesive infrastructures to spark, support and sustain entrepreneurship.
The key responsibility of the marketing director is to create and implement a strategic marketing communications plan and budget to support UMKC IC’s long- and short-term goals and objectives.
The director is responsible for identifying opportunities for program recruitment, setting organizational objectives, and organizing promotional, recruitment and reporting activities. As a member of the UMKC IC executive management team, the marketing director will be involved in organization-wide strategic and business planning, evaluation and professional development initiatives.
The ideal candidate should know how to manage a nonprofit marketing team and improve awareness of the organization among the target demographics. This requires intimate cooperation with the marketing team and pillar leads as well as external stakeholders to develop and maintain an approach that will generate consistent outreach. The ideal candidates will also possess a superb communication and storytelling skills to demonstrate the center’s value and impact to clients, community and stakeholders.
- Lead development of the center’s marketing and communications strategy and ensure adherence to goals and grant outcomes; develop budgets.
- Work closely with center leaders and staff to design and implement communications strategies and effective messaging for organizational and project-specific goals.
- Assists pillar directors and program staff in ensuring communications are culturally competent and reach diverse audiences.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing and communications strategy that includes social media, print and digital content and email marketing.
- Coordinate the appearance of all organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, website, etc.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Develop, implement and evaluate marketing campaigns related to programs, special events and fundraising.
- Oversee the development, design, distribution and maintenance of high-quality print and digital collateral including, but not limited to reports, brochures, presentations, newsletters and website content.
- Lead the strategy and generation of engaging digital content for website, social media and email channels that leads to measurable and mission-forward action.
- Identify trends, monitor current events and influencers to anticipate opportunities for the center and its pillars to engage in and/or lead the regional conversation on entrepreneurship.
- Guide the strategy on press outreach, including messaging in press releases, creation of press kits and materials, interview preparation and responses to media requests.
- Lead branding and marketing efforts for Global Entrepreneurship Week in Kansas City, which draws 2,000 entrepreneurs annually to the largest regional celebration of this global initiative.
- Represent the center at public events.
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience relevant to the field and role
- Up to $100,000 annually, commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity
To apply for this job please visit erecruit.umsystem.edu.