ChowNow is looking for a Shipping Coordinator who is highly-motivated and relentless in helping internal and external clients as quickly and efficiently as possible. If you have a passion for warehouse operations, and a desire to join a high energy company with an amazing culture, ChowNow has a role for you!
Not in Kansas City? No problem! Relocation assistance is provided!
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides a commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. As we expand to new markets, while scaling responsibly, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As our Shipping Coordinator, you will have an active role within the Operations department assembling equipment, preparing and monitoring outbound parcel shipments, and processing customer returns.
Reports to Senior Supply Chain Manager; No Direct Reports
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members’ ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
Specifically, you will:
- Track inbound shipments
- Process returns, checking it against the Returned Merchandise Authorizations (RMA’s)
- Assemble tablets
- Load applications onto tablets
- Adhere to important deadlines
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Understand how to process returns
- Know how to build a complete unit for shipment
- Know how to use Salesforce and Fedex.com
Within 60 days You’ll:
- Know how to enter tablet information into Salesforce
- Understand how we use Airwatch (tablet monitoring system)
- Complete 70% of weekly returns
- Ship out 100% of daily exchanges
- Actively respond to inquiries in Salesforce
Within 90 days You’ll:
- Respond to all inquiries in Salesforce within the same business day
- Complete 80% of weekly returns
- Maintain prebuilt stock of greater than 100 units
You Should Apply If:
- You are adept with hardware and/or electronics, specifically Apple products
- You have a basic knowledge of logistics terminology and are extremely
- comfortable operating shipping systems like FedEx and UPS
- Previous experience in RMA process
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- you have experience working with project management tools (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Podio and Salesforce).
About Our Benefits:
- Relocation assistance provided for outside KC hires.
- Competitive Compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A “Best Place to Work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage – we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew.
ChowNow takes the health and safety of our team seriously and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. We strongly believe that this is the best way to protect our employees, families, clients, and communities. All requests for accommodations will be considered.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you require any accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Read here about your California privacy rights.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.