Techweek Kansas City released its full schedule Wednesday, revealing a jam-packed agenda with a variety of tech-oriented events to connect and inspire.
The tech conference — which will be in Kansas City from Sept. 14 to Sept. 19 — will feature more than 40 events around the Kansas City area. Ranging from chats on drones and 3-D printing to a tech fashion show and hackathon, Techweek’s array of events hopes to engage more than just technologists in Kansas City, CEO Katy Lynch said. Techweek organizers are expecting upwards of 5,000 attendees.
Billed as a South-by-Southwest style celebration of tech entrepreneurship, Techweek has partnered with LaunchKC to present a grant competition and pitch contest. LaunchKC, which recently just announced 100 semifinalists, is an initiative to attract 10 tech firms to relocate to Kansas City with $50,000 grants.
Techweek also will feature several tech speakers, including:
- Jonathan Badeen, co-founder of Tinder
- Jim McKelvey, co-founder of Square
- Anand Sanwal, CEO of CB Insights
- Kristin Smith, CEO of Code Fellows
- John Jantsch, founder of Duct Tape Marketing
- John Fein, managing director of Techstars
- Boland Jones, CEO of PGi
- Chris Jeffrey, CEO of OrderUp
- Teffanie Stanard, CEO of MENT
- Blake Miller, a partner at Think Big Partners
- Claude Aldridge, CEO of Trellie
- Patrick Stuart, senior product manager at Skycatch