When the Royals take the field June 18 at Kauffman Stadium, more than a dozen freshly crowned KCSourceLink All-Star honorees will be catching accolades.
But first: You have to vote.
KCSourceLink’s final round of balloting has begun for the All-Star selection, which coincides with the network’s 15-year celebration during Entrepreneur Day at the K. Dozens of leaders, connectors and innovators are among the candidates for the 15 All-Star awards.
Nominations for the awards closed May 30 and were drawn from KCSourceLink’s Resource Partner Network, including individuals affiliated with a nonprofit, educational, governmental, and/or entrepreneurial support organization in the Kansas City metro area.
Winners are expected to be announced during the E Day at the K tailgating event 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. June 18 at Kauffman Stadium. The event is sponsored by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. A ticket to the June 18 matchup between the Kansas City Royals and the Texas Rangers is not required for the E Day at the K tailgating party.
“It has taken a village — and time — to build Kansas City entrepreneurship and a resource network that helps entrepreneurs along every step of their journey, from inception to exit,” KCSourceLink said. “And we need your help to celebrate it.”
KCSourceLink All-Star awards include:
- World Series Trophy (most successful supporter)
- Golden Glove (assists other Resource Partners)
- Iron Man Award (longest tenure)
- Outstanding Coaching Award (excellence in execution)
- Hank Aaron Award for Hitting (best at making referrals)
- Utility Infielder (flexibility)
- Most Assists (selfless in supporting the network)
- Homerun Derby Winner (out-of-the-park responsiveness)
- Silver Slugger (delivers every time)
- Cy Young Award (on target problem solving)
- Fanatical Fan (enthusiasm for the network)
- Slugger Award (most supportive of the network)
- Manager of the Year (motivational)
- Most Valuable Player (most active in network)
- Roberto Clemente Award for Sportsmanship (team player)