Website Super Dispatch
We build products that move the world forward!
Super Dispatch is looking for an Accounting Manager to own the accounting functions for our rapidly growing company. This is a fully remote role working directly with our Finance Leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join an established and incredibly fast-growing tech startup.
The Mission for the Accounting Manager is to oversee the day-to-day and monthly accounting functions and provide meaningful reporting on the financial results of our company. This person will create the processes and procedures necessary to properly account for and report on all current and new business transactions of the company and ensure that other departments are aware of their roles in the accounting process and participate accordingly.
- Administer the accounting system technology utilized by the company (currently QuickBooks Online and several integrated apps)
- Monitor, analyze, reconcile, and record journal entries for all general ledger accounts and possess a full understanding of activity taking place within such accounts
- Manage timely monthly and year-end financial close processes, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and accruals
- Reconcile bank statements on a timely basis and record cash journals into the general ledger
- Manage two direct reports- our Accounts Receivable Specialist and Billing & Revenue Analyst
- Oversee accounts payable and credit card activity
- Monitor and record payroll and independent contractor activity within the general ledger
- Ensure that revenue is recognized properly and at the appropriate level of detail within the general ledger
- Research and document proper accounting treatment for new business activities as they arise
- Maintain and publish financial statements each month
- Interact with other internal departments to address their questions and help solve their problems
- Work closely with the Financial Analyst to maintain regular updates to the forecast and budget vs actual variance analyses
- Develop materials for the monthly Board of Directors meeting as needed
Assist company leadership on other assignments or special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or a related field
- 2-5 years of business experience, preferably at an early-stage or small to medium-sized company
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiar with Google suite applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Highly motivated – you are a self-starter who is able to work independently and possess a strong work ethic
- Analytical mindset – you are able to structure and process data and draw insightful conclusions
- Excellent attention to detail – you strive to “get things right” at a granular level
- Good business acumen – you are knowledgeable about key business topics and have the skill and confidence to take action informed by past experiences
- Process-oriented and curious – you are willing to question the status quo regarding processes and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – you are a great writer, speaker, and listener
- Highly organized – you can categorize and structure information and tasks so they are easy to locate and turn into repeatable processes
- You thrive in a fast-paced, “get it done” environment and are comfortable multi-tasking with limited resources
- Proactive – you act without being told what to do and regularly bring new ideas and perspectives
- Open and positive – you have the willingness to learn and are open to constructive criticism and new ideas
What we do:
Super Dispatch is one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Kansas City, and we’re transforming the world of vehicle shipping. The Super Dispatch platform is a one-stop-shop for everything Carriers and Shippers need to move cars faster, smarter, and easier. Backed by cutting-edge technology and best-in-class software, Super Dispatch is the advanced auto transport experience taking carriers and shippers into the future.
Who we are:
Our diverse team is comprised of highly motivated professionals with a passion for solving big problems with technology. Our core values are built on customer focus, speed, growth, proactivity, and the team. We believe in and practice taking bold risks. We embrace failure as a lesson. We put our team first. We are committed to supporting each other and helping each other grow on this journey.
Summary of Benefits:
- Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation (PTO)
- 401k with company match
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Fully remote/work-from-home role
- Growth opportunities
- Monthly gym membership/wellness stipend
- Equipment provided
To apply for this job please visit superdispatch.breezy.hr.