Innovation around 5G technologies continues at the forefront of the T-Mobile Accelerator, as the longtime Kansas City-based program kicks off its three-month 2021 virtual cohort with an international cast of diverse companies.
The eight handpicked startups are expected work directly with technologists and business leaders at T-Mobile to build a new wave of 5G tech — from AR wearables to holographic communications, 3D data storytelling, volumetric video streaming, and immersive virtual learning.
“5G is blurring the boundary between our physical and virtual worlds to create immersive experiences that better connect us to people and things around the globe,” said John Saw, EVP of Advanced & Emerging Technologies at T-Mobile. “Businesses are finding better ways to collaborate virtually, and consumers are being engaged with new experiences that bring them closer than ever to the products and entertainment they love.”
The T-Mobile Accelerator Spring Immersive Technology Program begins today, running through June 30. It is set to culminate in a virtual demo day where participants showcase their accomplishments. The accelerator continues to be run locally by Tina Peterson, founder and manager, and Ari DeGrote, senior program manager and leadership coach.
T-Mobile’s accelerator launch this week coincided with the start of the independently run DFA CoLab Accelerator, which focuses on innovative dairy products and emerging agtech.
Click here to watch the 2020 T-Mobile Accelerator demo day.
Incoming 2021 T-Mobile participants include:
- Condense Reality (Bristol, UK) — An entertainment software solution built to capture and stream volumetric video in real-time. The company combines computer vision with deep learning and hardware to produce high fidelity volumetric video recordings of complex events such as live sports, thus enabling broadcasters and content creators to stream in volumetric 3D to augmented and virtual reality headsets.
- Everysight (Haifa, Israel) — Everysight is revolutionizing the way people see and experience information. With decades developing vision systems and heads-up displays, the Everysight team brings cutting edge experience to the field of wearable technology. After creating the first consumer-focused augmented reality (AR) smartglasses for cyclists, triathletes, and early adopters, Everysight aims to bring the AR revolution to even more markets.
- Flow Immersive (Auburn, California) — Creating data-driven decisions is easier when everyone can understand the data and is fully engaged in the discussion. Flow Immersive is a data storytelling, authoring and presentation platform to drive data-driven decisions and sales conversions on any device, from XR to mobile.
- Kai XR (Oakland, California) — Kai XR is the most inclusive and accessible 360˚ platform where kids can Explore, Dream, & Create. Kids can explore our diverse virtual field trips and dream and create their very own virtual adventures. Kai XR immerses kids in new worlds and opportunities by simply using their cell phones.
- Longan Vision Corp. (Hamilton, Canada) — Longan Vision’s main product, FVS (Fusion Vision System), is a revolutionary modern smart firefighting Augmented Reality wearable device to enhance firefighter’s vision in fire operations.
- Matsuko (Košice, Slovakia) — Holographic Communication is the first software only solution to experience realistic, lifelike real-time holograms of people for remote communication. It’s like video calls but in 3D. No avatars, no scanning, no setup. MATSUKO’s solution is not a rigged avatar but a fully expressive hologram that is way past the uncanny valley. With the MATSUKO app and XR glasses, you can see your colleagues and friends next to you in the most lifelike way.
- Multicasting.io (Phoenix, Arizona) — Multicasting.io is a platform designed to support an array of different multi-angle real-time social video sharing use cases all from a single secure ecosystem. The platform enables the simultaneous video recording, streaming and creation of highlights from multiple angles at any event. Easily integrate enhanced social and user features inside your own application using our platform and SDK to reduce maintenance, scope of work and time to market.
- Prisms of Reality, Inc. (Brooklyn, New York) — Prisms seeks to close the STEM participation and achievement gap for all students by scaling a pedagogy we know works: experiential learning. Our goal is to bridge learning gaps in math using adaptive Immersive Virtual Reality (IVR) to ensure enduring proficiencies and engagement while reducing re-teaching time that leads to the largest inefficiencies in our system today.
The T-Mobile Accelerator serves as a hub for driving ideas, innovation and action. Focused on collaborative experiences for growth, it delivers year-round programming and activities, including entrepreneurial and tech community engagements, expert speakers and mentorship sessions.