Nine startup leaders are expected to compete this month for seed in downtown Lee’s Summit hot spots better known for hops.
Velocity LS Pitch Pub Crawl is set to return 5 p.m. Dec. 12 at Bricks Pub & Grub,18 SE Third St., before moving on to Smoke Brewing Company, 209 SE Main St., Arcade Alley, 316 SE Douglas St., and finishing at Llywelyn’s Pub, 301 SE Douglas St.
The fourth semi-annual event sees entrepreneurs “pitch” their ideas at each of the first three stops, with the winner at each pub pitching again at the final stop for prize money — $4,000 in seed money made possible by Velocity LS and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
- The Guy Experience — Premium experience management for the 21st Century Guy.
- Clara Biotech — A scalable solution that makes it possible to isolate any exosome sub-type from any biofluid with ease. Click here to read more about Clara Biotech.
- Helix Health — A platform using predictive analytics to help providers manage chronic patient populations so they can improve quality and reduce the cost of care. Click here to read more about Helix Health.
- 2923 Comics — The publishing home of comic book “The Scarlet Knight: Defender of the Block,” and the coming “Meet The Hills” graphic novel. Click here to read more about 2923 Comics.
- Relay Trade — A startup that connects and digitizes the supply chain for domestic bulk commodity shipments.
- PawConX — A playdate messaging app for dogs and their owners. Click here to read more about PawConX.
- Family Solutions for Care — Specialists in long-term care insurance claims.
- Dynamhex — An effort to combat climate change that monitors and visualizes complex energy consumption data for individual, corporate and government entities.
- MyBearJeff.com — A toy-based venture that supports kids who have been through trauma using a buy-one-give-one model called Bear For Bear. Click here to read more about MyBearJeff.com.
One entrepreneur will be awarded $2,000 with another $2,000 in prize money for second, third and honorable mention.
Click here for more on the Pub Pitch Crawl.
“Our Pitch Pub Crawl is consistently our most popular event every year,” said Jon Cundiff, Velocity LS board chairman “We get some of the best and brightest startup companies and entrepreneurs pitching to our pub crawl crowds and are constantly impressed with their ideas and innovation.”
This story is possible thanks to support from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, a private, nonpartisan foundation that works together with communities in education and entrepreneurship to create uncommon solutions and empower people to shape their futures and be successful.