Nearing the midpoint of Global Entrepreneurship Week, snowy weather turned to sunny skies — welcoming entrepreneurs and curious citizens alike to a wide range of activities rounding out the week.
Wednesday is expected to feature some of the week’s most popular workshops and panels, according to KCSourceLink data, with three of the leading events running concurrently at 10 a.m. along the halls of Plexpod Westport Commons.
The top 10 most-registered remaining sessions in the 170-event series, in alphabetical order, according to KCSourceLink:
- Avoid Top Tax Mistakes That Small Businesses Make — Noon Thursday — This interactive workshop includes record keeping, resources and answers to common questions small and growing businesses. Attend in person, virtually through WebEx or conference call. (Organizer: KC BizCare)
- Effective Storytelling on Social Media — Noon Wednesday — Learn how effective brands are telling their story on social media. Including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Linkedin and more. (Organizer: Andrew Morgans, Marknology)
- GEWKC 1 Million Cups — 9 a.m. Wednesday — Hear from two local entrepreneurs — Innovating Solutions LLC and After Action Network, Inc. — who took their businesses global right here in KC. (Organizer: 1 Million Cups)
- Hear from Amazon, Google, Facebook and Constant Contact on Using Digital Tools to Start, Run, and Grow Your Business — 6 p.m. Wednesday — Learn how to leverage social and earned media to grow your audience, brand and business. Industry leaders share best practice. Network over beer, wine and appetizers. (Organizer: Chelsea Andrews, Connected Commerce Council)
- HERImpact: Female Entrepreneurs Who Started with Try and Grew to Thrive — 8 a.m. Wednesday — Be inspired by the authentic sharing of some of Kansas City’s best female entrepreneurial leader as they discuss their businesses, leadership journeys and best practices for success. (Organizer: Courtney Thomas, Central Exchange)
- Marketing Plans: They’re Necessary — 10 a.m. Wednesday — Hear from two local entrepreneurs — Hear why marketing plans are important and what different components are necessary for entrepreneurs to move forward. (Organizer: Tara McKinney, CrAWL Marketing & Promotion)
- Midwest Funding Showcase — 2 p.m. Thursday — The Kansas City has worked hard to encourage more local investments, with an increase in KC-based venture funds and more angel activity. Meet the people who power early-stage investing in Kansas City. (Organizer: KCSourceLink)
- Provide a Service? Learn How to Get Your Clients to Love You — 10 a.m. Wednesday — If your business provides services to clients, come and learn what clients hate, what they love and how to get client to fall in love with working with you. (Organizer: Cami Travis-Groves, Freelance Exchange of Kansas City)
- Tell Your Story So People Just Get It — 10 a.m. Wednesday — Learn to build a clear story showing your customers what their lives can look like if they use your product/service, paint a picture of how it will improve their lives and create a call to action. (Organizer: Ron Allen, Exigo Business Solutions)
- Wrap-Up Celebration — 5 p.m. Friday — Celebrate and wrap up #GEWKC with a networking reception at WeWork. Light bites and beverages will be provided. Space is limited. Registration required. (Organizer: WeWork Corrigan Station)
A young entrepreneurs showcase on Tuesday proved to be an early highlight of GEW, said Sarah Mote, marketing director for KCSourceLink.
“So many great young minds ready to pick up the baton for entrepreneurship,” she said.