Kansas City’s top proof-of-concept incubator program announced Thursday it selected five new startups for its newest cohort.
Launched in 2013, Digital Sandbox has worked with more than 400 entrepreneurs and startups to date. Led by Jeff Shackelford, the program offers up to $25,000 in grants to startups with a focus of bringing a product from idea to commercialization.
Shackelford said that the program continues to grow.
“We continue to be amazed by the quality and creativity of Kansas City companies,” Shackelford said in a release. “Now, through our partnerships with Olathe, Independence, St. Joseph and Great Plains Energy, we have the opportunity to help even more early-stage entrepreneurs.”
Earlier this Month, Digital Sandbox announced that it has embarked on a partnership with St. Joseph, Mo.-based incubator Innovation Stockyard. The program previously established partnerships with the cities of Olathe, Kan. and Independence, Mo.
Since the program’s launch, Digital Sandbox has created more than 480 jobs and established over $38 million in follow-on funding.
Here’s more about the five companies:
- 2020 Adventures is a travel company designed the make the process of planning small group trips easier, with personalized itineraries.
- AgVision is an ag tech, artificial intelligence startup that monitors food intake by cattle at feedlots, with the goal of reducing the number of sick animals.
- Billdrill is a website where customers can submit how much they pay for TV, Internet, cell phone and home security services and compares their rates against other area providers.
- Idle Smart created a “smart” thermostat for trucking fleets to save fuel, cut down on pollution and keep drivers comfortable, as well as reducing overnight idle time. Idle Smart was featured as a top startup to watch in 2017.
- Luxe is a provider of amenity services for multi-family housing communities. The firm’s mobile app offers apartment communities a concierge platform for residents to book and manage apartment tailored services.