About 72 percent of entrepreneurs have self-reported mental health concerns, according to a study done by the University of California San Francisco.
More specifically, about 30 percent of entrepreneurs experience depression and about 30 percent experience ADHD, the same study found.
In recognition of Mental Health Awareness Month, Startland News and Think Big’s May Innovation Exchange focused on mental health and entrepreneurship. Guests talk work life balance, mindfulness techniques as well as what stress does to the body.
In the conversation, you’ll hear from mental health experts and entrepreneurs including:
- Julie Edge, PhD, entrepreneur and life coach
- Arnobio Morelix, entrepreneurs researcher & SXSW presenter on ADHD and depression among entrepreneurs
- Dan Schmidt, founder of EBCFO
- Kay Grossman, Founder of Focus Dammit and an attention coach
- Rachel Keck, co-founder of Your Excellerant
- Damon Heybrock, MD, Founder of Health Studio KC
A recording of the event is below, and photos are beneath that. Hope you enjoy!