What happens when the real estate market responds to a city’s surging entrepreneurial community?
That was the subject of Startland News and Think Big’s March Innovation Exchange, which focused on Kansas City’s coworking boom and its intersection with area entrepreneurship. More than 300,000 square feet of coworking space will become available in the area over the next two years as Plexpod Westport Commons, WeWork and other firms open spaces.
From its cultural impact on the Kansas City business community to the factors driving demand and design — there was a lot to cover in KC’s coworking. If you weren’t able to make it to the event, we’ve clipped together the important parts you missed. In the conversation we hear what the surge means for area experts, including:
- David Brain, Brown Cow Capital
- Bob Berkebile, Principal Emeritus of BNIM
- Adam Wacenske, general manager of WeWork’s southern region
- Matt Druten, co-founder of Edison Spaces
- Sarah Fustine, director of strategic partnerships at Think Big
- Katy Sullivan, Project Lead at Contract Furnishings
Hope you enjoy!