In case you didn’t already know, Kansas City startups are a generous bunch.
Last week, Startland News asked if any area businesses wanted to participate in a giveaway for those attending the Kansas City Startup Crawl. In true startup fashion, our idea for a giveaway came at the last minute — three days before the crawl — which added an extra dash of chaos to the pandemonium that is event preparation.
Expecting a tepid response, we were blown away by entrepreneurs’ enthusiastic benevolence. Startland received a torrent of interest, offering everything from longboards and coffee to Techweek passes and cooking classes.
In total, startups served up more than $3,000 worth of products, services and experiences. We can’t thank you enough, Kansas City startups! And another big thanks to those interested enough to explore the early-stage business community by attending the crawl; we hope you had as much fun as we did!
But getting to the reason why most of you clicked into this story, below is a list of the winners from the random drawing. The winners will be hearing from us in a separate message regarding prize pickup.
- Techweek KC | All-Access Passes (4 prizes) – valued at $250 per pass
Winners: Caleb Loya; Paul Lenzen; Jon Kot; Sheila Seck
- FitBark | Dog activity monitors (2 prizes) – valued at $95 per monitor
Winners: Matt McCollum; Kirk Lakebrink
- WYCO Apparel | Sunglasses (3 prizes) – valued at $25 per sunglasses
Winners: Joe Miller; Fredrick Francises; Derron Black
- Maps Coffee Roasters | 12 oz. bags of coffee (12 prizes) – valued at $12 per bag
Winners: Kylie Fatino; Nicholas Allen; Tom Shanahan; Kyle Fitzgerald; Laura Gowans; Marc Dangerfield; Vin Yuldashev; Lauren Conaway; Andrew Wu; Samuel Gahm; Sri Praneeth Iyyapu; Tracy Thomas
- The Sundry | Cooking class for two people ($90) and three produce bundles (4 prizes) – valued at $165
Winners: Mary Meyer Sandoy; Jack Diemer; Emily Newton; Chase Blackwood
- Young Guns Longboards | One longboard (1 prize) – valued at $65
Winners: Morayo Bakare
- The Handy Camel | $50 gift cards (2 prizes)
Winners: Diana Watt; Zach Pettet
- Whobaloo | One $50 gift card (1 prize)
Winner: Irit Gillath
- Lifted Spirits Distillery | Pair of cocktail glasses & $25 gift card (1 prize) – valued at $45
Winner: Lisa Douthit
- Blooom | A 1-year membership (1 prize) – max value of $180
Winner: Sara Gorjestani
- Village Square Coworking Studio | 12 drop-in passes (1 prize) – valued at $100
Winner: Ryan Arthur
- Gr8box | Allergy-free snack boxes (3 prizes) – valued at $20 per box
Winners: Bob Reynolds; Tim Carmann; Alicia Poole
- Thou Mayest | $20 gift card (1 prize)
Winner: Jennifer Rivas
- Kansas City Developer Conference | Two tickets (2 prizes) – valued at $350 per ticket
Winners: Chris Cooley; Matt Watson
- Flavor Trade | Food baskets (2 prizes) – valued at $50 a piece
Winners: Germaine Halegoua; Regina Wagner
- Ramshackle Wood Co. | One barn wood tray (1 prize) – valued at $30
Winner: Rudar Manning
- Normal Human | Framed print and t-shirt (2 prizes) valued at $15 and $28, respectively
Winners: Jon Page; Anne Hochstein