Techweek Kansas City has arrived with dozens of events scheduled around the city each day. Wednesday’s scheduled events are included below. Don’t forget to check whether the event is RSVP-only.
Big Data Summit
- Who: The Big Data Summit spans Wednesday and Thursday, with the bulk of the events on Wednesday. The summit events start with keynote speaker Bob Rogers, chief data scientist for Intel’s Big Data Solutions, at 9 a.m. at Union Station. Other events include speakers from Cisco and mySidewalk, and discussions about Tableau software, sensors and networks and big data infrastructure.
- When: 9 a.m. to about 5 p.m., with the final event starting at 3:45 p.m. (Check the Techweek’s schedule for more details on specific Union Station locations).
“Summer in the Sand” Series
- Who and where: Digital Sandbox is organizing the event at the Sprint Accelerator, 210 W. 19 Terrace
- What: A panel of angel investors will discuss what they look for when making funding decisions. The panel includes Tom DeBacco, general partner at Flyover Capital; Lance LeMay, managing director at OpenAir Equity Partners; Rick Vaughn, managing director at Mid-America Angels and Jill Meyer, senior technology development and commercialization consultant at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Small Business and Technology Development Center.
- When: 3-4:30 p.m.
Tech Leaders Happy Hour
- Who and where: Lead Bank in the Crossroads, 1801 Main Street on the mezzanine
- What: Cocktail creations using “freshly-infused flavors of vodka,” seafood, Asian pancakes, nitrogen ice cream pops and networking.
- When: 5-7 p.m.
KC Drone Exhibit
- Who and where: Bunker Labs is hosting a meet and greet with eight companies in the drone industry at Pure Pursuit Auto Gallery, 1619 Walnut St.
- What: Static displays and software demos throughout the event will highlight what the companies are using drone technology for in agriculture, construction and energy industries.
- When: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Who and where: VML, 250 Richards Road on the upstairs patio deck
- What: Complimentary drinks, hors d’oeuvres, networking and a few words from Union Station CEO George Guastello about the Living History application developed for the building’s centennial.
- When: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
KC Vetrepreneur Launch Party
- Who and where: Bunker Labs at Pure Pursuit Automotive Gallery, 1619 Walnut Street
- What: Bunker Labs is throwing a launch party for six veteran-led startups. Joe Williams with the Endowment for Veterans Arts campaign will showcase are veteran artists as well. There will be free drinks, appetizers and a DJ.
- When: 7:30-9:30 p.m.