LaunchKC announced the winners of 10, $50,000 grants Friday during a celebration at the inaugural Techweek Kansas City conference.
More than 40 judges evaluated pitches from 20 contest finalists, who pitched their companies Friday morning at Union Station before a crowd of about 100 people.
LaunchKC kicked off in February and nabbed nearly 500 total applicants seeking funding, free office space and a variety of services. PopBookings won the People’s Choice Award.
Here are the winners of the grants:
- Nodal Security, Detroit, Mich.
- Blooom, Overland Park, Kan.
- HealthID, Cranston, R.I.
- Integrated Roadways, Kansas City, Mo.
- KC Drone Co., Kansas City, Mo.
- Pycno, Santiago, Chile
- SquareOffs, Kansas City, Kan.
- Vertisense, New York, N.Y.
- Video Fizz, Kearney, Mo.
- PopBookings, Kansas City, Mo.