Those often were the words attributed to the Kansas City Royals as the team unexpectedly surged into the 2014 World Series and captured the national spotlight.
Those very words are apt for this city, which has been built on the grit and determination of successful entrepreneurs like Ewing Kauffman, Joyce Hall, Henry Bloch and many others.
This city’s unassuming innovators toil to transform lives, their city and the world. The area’s entrepreneurial spirit is stronger than ever, but for too long its stories have gone untold.
It’s time to change that. And that’s why Startland News exists.
Consider Startland News the binding agent of the city’s innovators, creators and disruptors. As a unifying force, we’ll strive to further fuel the area’s entrepreneurial community and those supporting it by sharing compelling information aimed at helping you, your organization, and your city grow.
We love Kansas City – our hometown – and we want to see it prosper. We plan to support that goal by:
- Serving as the hometown team dedicated to telling your stories.
- Highlighting startups, entrepreneurs and innovators of all sorts that are making an impact on the area economy.
- Shedding light on issues that affect area entrepreneurs and their ability to grow.
- Sharing experts’ strategies to maximize entrepreneurs’ potential, as well as address challenges.
- Engaging those with a peripheral interest in the area’s entrepreneurial resurgence with deeper insights on their neighbors, and provide inroads to connect with them.
As with any new venture, we cannot do this alone. And given Kansas City’s conspicuously collaborative spirit, we’re certain we won’t have to. We’ve already felt your support and enthusiasm. Thank you for that.
Please, share with us your story. Send us your ideas. Tell us what stories you like, dislike, and what you need and want to read.
Let’s do this!